Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
Don't have SiriusXM radio? See our kits HERE to add it!
- Genuine Ford voice activated SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford USB cable(s).
- Genuine Ford Replacement radio bezel.
- Genuine Ford Replacement Media Hub.
- Main wiring harness.
- Stainless mounting brackets.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Backup camera retention harness/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera.
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmer - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~45 minutes
- Install Ease: 2 out of 5
- 2017 & 2018 F-250 | F-350 | F-450 | F-550 Super Duty Pickup Trucks equipped the 4" MyFord system
- Existing 4" system must have basic SYNC / Bluetooth functions to perform this upgrade
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped or with one of our SiriusXM kits).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
4" to 8" Upgrade w/ SYNC 3 | 2017+ Ford Super Duty
Plug n' Play 4" to 8" Conversion for the 17+ Super Duty Truck....
2015+ F-150 Radio Bezel Button Swap
Visit https://www.4dtech.com to purchase kits and parts like t...
SYNC®3: New Features | SYNC 3 How-To | Ford
Check out all of the What's new and enhanced? features that yo...
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My 4 inch screen on my 2014 F150 XLT failed and instead of replacing it I researched this company and decided to order the kit for the 4 inch to 8 inch sync 3 upgrade.
Delivery was prompt, 3 days to Houston Texas, and everything needed was included in the kit, I did order the plastic dashboard removal tools and would recommend anyone doing this gets them as well. You may never need them again but they really help.
I followed the U-Tube step by step instructions for install and took my time. I would rate myself average on DIY and tool use but found this very simple as long as following the instructions. It took me 2 hours, with a half hour interruption so maybe only 1 1/2 hours total.
Anyway was more than happy with the outcome, looks like a factory install at the end and everything worked as advertised, bluetooth handsfree, existing back up camera, GPS, existing Sirius satellite radio, steering wheels controls etc.
Only downside was the new radio bezel panel did not have the traction control switch installed, so I had to swap it over form the old unit, after a few minutes i figured out it pops out form the front of the unit after releasing the catches and slots right into the replacement unit supplied. Only other thing I found during install was the airbag release bolts were 10mm on my 2014 XLT not 8mm as described in the instructions, probably a Ford thing and not a 4D-Tech thing. I also found the USB cable I was using was not compatible to get Apple car play working, swapped for another on I had and worked!
Anyway very happy with this, works great and looks great.