Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
Don't have SiriusXM radio? See our kits HERE to add it!
- Genuine Ford voice activated SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford USB cable(s).
- Genuine Ford Replacement radio bezel.
- Genuine Ford Replacement Media Hub.
- Main wiring harness.
- Stainless mounting brackets.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Backup camera retention harness/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera.
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmer - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~45 minutes
- Install Ease: 2 out of 5
- 2017 & 2018 F-250 | F-350 | F-450 | F-550 Super Duty Pickup Trucks equipped the 4" MyFord system
- Existing 4" system must have basic SYNC / Bluetooth functions to perform this upgrade
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped or with one of our SiriusXM kits).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
4" to 8" Upgrade w/ SYNC 3 | 2017+ Ford Super Duty
Plug n' Play 4" to 8" Conversion for the 17+ Super Duty Truck....
2015+ F-150 Radio Bezel Button Swap
Visit https://www.4dtech.com to purchase kits and parts like t...
SYNC®3: New Features | SYNC 3 How-To | Ford
Check out all of the What's new and enhanced? features that yo...
10 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Was an easy plug and play install. Went from the 4" screen to the full 8" Sync 3 system with Nav!!
Will ABSOLUTELY buy again
This kit is a awesome upgrade! Received it in 3 days everything plugged right into the factory harness and worked perfectly! The truck wasn’t factory equipped with navigation so I purchased the add on kit and very glad I did! Would recommend this to anyone lookin for the 8” upgrade!
I am very satisfied with 4D as a company. Their customer support is great and the product is performing as expected. The install was somewhat more difficult for me because my old USB port only came out with much persistence (and force). It also took much longer than expected for the new system to go through its load up the first time. I can't say exactly how long it took, but may have been as long as an hour before everything worked properly. Also, the nav system seemed to be displaced by about 300' at first. It eventually found its proper location -- not sure what that's about. Overall a great product and great service.
Looks great in the truck I really enjoy it just wish I could play videos on it in motion.
very happy with conversion on my 2017 f250 simple glad you made available *****
Crushed the competition. Great support
Overall you wouldn't know the unit wasn't factory installed. Everything works as described and the video installation instructions are spot on. However, I find it interesting the there were no instructions for installing the USB hub in vehicles with the center console. The topic is kind of glossed over in the video, and written instructions by merely stating that the process is the same as for the USB installation beneath the unit. It's not that simple! I did figure out a way to pull the cables without having to dismantle the entire console. I " fished" some stiff wiring from the front of the unit to the back where the cables needed to be pulled through. I taped the cables to the wire and then felt around until I found an opening large enough to insert the cable connectors. From that point you can carefully pull the cables up thorough the console hole to connect the USB hub. Other than this one frustrating process--a great experience.
Can't explain enough how great the service has been with 4DTECH. The installation is so simple (as some one who struggles understanding English) the instructions are just easy.
I wanted to upgrade my 4 inch screen so I was deciding between "T-style" aftermarket upgrade or the factory 8 inch. I'm happy with my decision to go with factory upgrade. it was an easy install after watching the video. Everything works great, the rear backup camera works amazing! I can now see where I'm backing up to, very clear image. Thanks for making this kit available