Want $50 back? Send us your old module!
(Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included. See below for details*)
Want to add factory OEM navigation to MyFord Touch / MyTouch? Our complete Explorer Navigation kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Check out videos or user manual below to see how it works!
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Latest (A11) SD map card containing full maps for USA and Canada.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring.
- Maintains ALL existing features while adding the factory navigation option. - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Will operate exactly like it came from the factory with navigation.
- No additional antenna required (your vehicle already has one).
- Supports subscription to SiriusXM for traffic, weather, sports and movie information.
- Now with support for Siri® Eyes-Free!
- Install Time: ~15 minutes
- Install Ease: 1 out of 5
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 2015 & 2016 Ford Explorer equipped the 8" MyFord Touch system
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “If I update my Sync system using the Ford SyncMyRide website, will that cause the navigation feature to be deactivated?”
- A – No. A consumer installed software update will NOT affect this navigation upgrade.
- Q – “My backup camera does not work, will this fix it?”
- A – No. Backup camera failures are common. If the backup camera is not working, it will need to be replaced.
- Q – “If I perform a master reset, will that cause the navigation feature to be deactivated?”
- A – No. A master reset will NOT affect this navigation upgrade.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
*Continental USA only. Must have a 2013+ production date, no physical damage and in working condition. See Policies for more info.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
19 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Easy to install, recommend the dash trim removal tool to make it even easier. Works flawlessly and looks great. If you want to get NavTraffic from SirusXM you'll need to call their support line and insist on being escalated several times. It took me 90 minutes but they eventually got it turned on. Just be persistent and use the wording in the documentation 4D TEch provides.
Very pleased with the unit and service you provided, only thing was that I wasn't able to receive 50 dollar return core on original unit. It was very easy to remove and re-install new unit. Thank you for your service and I will highly recommend your company to all. D J Suttie
Easy to Install-works excellent!
Navigation will be a great help and I saved money doing the DIY routine. Very easy installation.
Works exactly as stated on the website. Ford dealer charged $129 for diagnostic and wouldn’t upgrade the NAV system. They stated it wouldn’t work. Estimate another $1000 to buy , install and program an APIM with no NAV. I saved $200 , never programmed a thing and it took 8 minutes. Order the plastic tool set for the trim. I am very happy with myself.
I was looking for just a replacement apim as mine died...I found 4d and purchased the apim and upgraded to navigation and its amazing!! Nav works flawlessly and the install was a breeze!! Thank you so much !!
This was an incredibly easy to perform upgrade that my dealer was quoting a significant markup to perform. My touch screen was having issues not booting up for days at a time, and when it was on I was having Bluetooth issues and usb connection issues with my iPhone. The original module did not include nav, so for way less than my dealer was charging to replace the unit like-for-like, I was able to add the nav with this replacement. I literally had this unit swapped in and up and running in less than 10 minutes. The instructions were clear and I had zero issues. It has worked flawlessly since install, I didn’t even require me to reprogram my Sirius channels/favorites. A welcome update included is that when the backup camera is in use, and I am close to something, the screen flashes green in the area where you are close to hitting something. The module I replaced only beeped. I can’t recommend this product enough!
Very easy to install, Worked out of the box as expected. Happy