Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Get $50 back! Simply send us your old module. (Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included. See below for details*)
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation. It may also be depicted with on screen climate controls - this kit will retain existing on screen climate controls, but will not add them to a vehicle that did not have them before.
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Screen to module cable.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Replacement Media Hub.
- Media Hub Wiring Adapter.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist,, Climate Controls, etc)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico**
- Install Time: ~20 minutes
- Install Ease: 1 out of 5
- Dash removal tools VIEW | ADD TO CART
- 7mm nut driver VIEW | ADD TO CART
- T8 Torx driver VIEW | ADD TO CART
- 2013, 2014 & 2015 Ford Escape equipped the 8" MyFord Touch system
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate and the bottom right corner of my screen just has the date. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
* Continental USA only. Must have a 2013+ production date, no physical damage and in working condition. See Policies for more info.
**Regardless if your SYNC 2 system is navigation equipped or not, you will need to select "Navigation Version" option under "Kit Options" if you would like SYNC 3 to have navigation.
24 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a great product! Super easy to install when you follow the instructions.
I'm so happy with my purchase! I was considering buying a new vehicle just for CarPlay but now I don't need to!! The install was easy and trust me I'm all thumbs when it comes to this kind of thing!! It took me a little over 1.5 hours just because I didn't want to break anything. All in all, worth the money considering I can keep my low milage '13 for even longer now that the tech is up to date with the times :)
Is better than expected in functionality. easy install, Get the GPS or forget it! Only reason it does not get 5 stars is the $2,000 price tag... I am still wondering if the cost is justified..
The kit was very well thought out. Most important was the clear easy to read set of instructions. I have never done this sort of thing before but it was a snap with the instructions. Only took me about a 40 minutes to install. It took longer than usual because I was documenting it in a video that you can see here: https://youtu.be/eVENpnNzRTA
I was pleasantly surprised with just how easy this upgrade was to accomplish. After I ordered the kit, it arrived in a timely fashion and was VERY well packaged. Install took all of 45 minutes and my car was back up and running. For those who are still using the old SYNC system, this is a worthwhile upgrade. I went without the GPS option (with my cellphone in use, the $600 didn't seem worth it to pay), so I was surprised to see an antenna come with it. Given it's used to sync the system's clock, I suppose it made sense to include.
All in all, if you're on the fence, then pull the trigger and get it. Installation is easy, the instructions provided in the box are clear, and the user experience once you're done is MUCH better.
Great upgrade to my 2013 Escape SEL. Easy install and works just as advertised. The advertised functionality upgrades are great and the new unit is much faster and smoother. No more lag on each screen touch or voice command.
Excellent piece of kit. Whether the move from 2 to 3 is worth the price, well that’s up to you. But the quality of this package is fantastic. Watched the online video and tackled it with no issues. Well, one minor issue. Had to head to the hardware store mid install to get a Torx T8 bit to remove the bracket from the old unit. But other than that detour the instructions were spot on, and the Sync 3 unit powered up and worked flawlessly. Apple CarPlay works great as well. Very happy with the purchase.
Works great, easy too install
I hated the My Ford Touch and Sync 2. In my Escape.
The Navigation was not very easy to use and the MFT display was not the best.
I’m a big Apple user and wanted CarPlay and Sync 3 but did not want to have to purchase a new car to get it.
Ford will not upgrade it. My Escape is in perfect condition with low millage. I just needed this upgrade. Super fast shipping and received in 2 days. Super easy to install in under 30 minutes and everything works great. It’s like driving a brand new car. I love it!