Want $100 back? Send us your old module!
(Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included*)
Now shipping with Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™
Want to add factory navigation to your SYNC 3 (8" screen) equipped vehicle? Our complete SYNC 3 navigation upgrade kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed.
The capacitive touch screen has impressive functionality such as the convenient swipe, and navigation pinch-to-zoom functionality similar to what is found on your smartphone. SYNC 3 reacts quickly to your commands. Our kit will expand your voice commands to include all the factory navigation commands and menus.
Android Auto™ enables Google voice search, maps, music and more through steering wheel and touch screen controls. Optional Apple CarPlay™ allows iPhone users to get directions optimized for traffic, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music, all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road with Siri® or a touch screen.
- Genuine Ford navigation equipped SYNC 3 control module loaded with:
- Full maps for USA, Canada & Mexico.
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- (Optional) Media hub for Apple CarPlay Support - see checkout options.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™ (requires existing media hub to be replaced - optional)
- Adds Android Auto™
- Plug n' Play Installation - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Genuine Ford hardware and software - will operate exactly like it came from the factory with navigation
- Retains ALL Factory Features - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- Install Time: ~10 minutes
- Install Ease: 1 out of 5
- 2016 Ford F-150 pickup trucks equipped the 8" SYNC 3 system - this will NOT work with the older 8" MyFord Touch system or add the 8" touchscreen to your vehicle.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
* Buy Back Program available for US Customers Only
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Add Factory Navigation to SYNC 3 | 2016 - 2017 Ford F-150
Visit https://www.4dtech.com to purchase this upgrade kit and ...
Add Apple CarPlay to SYNC 3 | 2016 Ford F-150
Visit https://www.4dtech.com to purchase kits and parts like t...
SYNC®3: New Features | SYNC 3 How-To | Ford
Check out all of the What's new and enhanced? features that yo...
22 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Worked great after install.
Product works just as advertised, installation went smoothly as the video. Great product!
I was very happy to find a way to add the OE nav and get rid of the cables for my phone and Garmin. Installation was super easy and the NAV works great.
I also enabled the Sirius traffic and travel link. You have to be very persistent with the Sirius rep and have them transfer you to tech support. Tech support will be able to enable it. Although, at this point, I'm not sure it's worth it. Travel link doesn't seem to add too much to the equation - the weather is especially bad. Closest weather I can get for my local area is 50 miles away - it's not even close to my actual weather.
Easy to install and it works great
The Sync/Nav system in our 2016 F150 Platinum kept locking up, the GPS didn't work, and it was all-around frustrating. Ordered an APIM from 4Dtech and we are back up and running, better than new! Received the part quickly, instructions were included, and installation was pretty easy. Saved several hundred dollars compared to the dealer's quote and I didn't have to make multiple trips to the dealership, waiting months for the part to come in. Excellent service with a great product. I would definitely recommend this to anyone needing to get their system up and running again.
I was happy to find 4d tech made a nav upgrade for my truck. It was plug n play and only took about 20 min start to finish. It works flawlessly.
Wow this navigation kit is amazing and truly plug and play. Works great and all the commands are awesome. Easy to remove and install new mod.
I also purchased the temp mod and works great too. Plus I can now use my apple CarPlay!
Highly recommend this to everyone!
You guys Rock!!!!
I purchased the Sync 3 and Android/Apple USB interface for my 2016 Ford F-150. Odering was easy, I tracked my package and was waiting as scheduled for the signed delivery which arrived quickly!
I'm 64 years old and installed both modules in 1/2 an hour. Most of that time was taken by getting my trouble lights set up and "Mcgyver" tools to remove the dash and USB modules.
Dash removal video is spot on. I would highly recommend buying the plastic removal tools to speed up the installation and reduce risk of scratching up your dash moldings. After I put everything back together, I couldn't see any evidence of scratches.
When I turned my media on it came right up! I tested the navigation and it worked like a champ! I can now see navigation, hear and adjust the media volume which comes in crystal clear. I don't know how I ever managed my Android phone for navigstion. I tried the plastic holders, rubber banding it to the vents, windshield suction cups, placed in on the gauge cluster. I couldn't hear with the volume turned up or always see the little map on the Droid screen. I am "5" star pleased.
When I bought my new 2016 F150 I thought It had navigation and it didn't. When I asked the dealer if it was possible to upgrade the system they said I could buy a new truck. That's when I found 4d tech and they had the solution to the problem and I didn't even have to buy a new truck.
I didn't like to use my phone for everything, music player, phone and navigation. Now I can talk and still see where I am going. The install was easy, it took about 20 minutes and all the original functions that came with the truck still function the same way. Just replace the module on the back of the original screen and you are done. Thanks 4D Tech