Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Get $50 back! Simply send us your old module. (Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included. See below for details*)
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation. It may also be depicted with on screen climate controls - this kit will retain existing on screen climate controls, but will not add them to a vehicle that did not have them before.
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Screen to module cable.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Replacement Media Hub.
- Media Hub Wiring Adapter.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico**
- Install Time: ~20 minutes
- Install Ease: 1 out of 5
- 2016 Ford Explorer equipped the 8" MyFord Touch system
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate and the bottom right corner of my screen just has the date. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
* Continental USA only. Must have a 2013+ production date, no physical damage and in working condition. See Policies for more info.
**Regardless if your SYNC 2 system is navigation equipped or not, you will need to select "Navigation Version" option under "Kit Options" if you would like SYNC 3 to have navigation.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Add Apple CarPlay to SYNC 3 | 2015 - 2016 Ford Explorer
Visit https://www.4dtech.com to purchase kits and parts like t...
SYNC®3: New Features | SYNC 3 How-To | Ford
Check out all of the What's new and enhanced? features that yo...
SYNC 2 to SYNC 3 Upgrade | 2011 - 2016 Ford Explorer
Visit https://www.4dtech.com to purchase this upgrade kit and ...
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Thanks for the very helpful installation video. It went very smoothly and the upgrade allows us to use Android Auto without any problems.
Overall, it was easier to do than I thought. The videos helped out the most!
Very easy to install. Included instructions along with videos on the website make this simple. Worth every penny to upgrade from Sync to Sync 2 with CarPlay. All functions operated flawlessly upon immediately upon completion. Only took about 30 minutes.
Installation was as easy as described in the videos. The part that took the longest was removing the side trim pieces to even get to the screws. The USB hub is a little tricky because it's difficult to see, but I took a photo with my cell phone to so I could see what I was trying to do. Everything works flawlessly, including my SiriusXM subscription. Having Android Auto is great and the interface is so much better in general. Totally worth it.
Very happy with the upgrade. Installation was as easy as described, and watching the videos made it a snap to do. It's expensive, but it's SO much better than the old system -- and Apple CarPlay is so great to have!
Very easy to install and works great!
Product was exactly as described and once installed is a great upgrade !The only problem I had was with the USB connectors located behind the center console. After several attempts, a phone call to the support desk and using a small mirror to see exactly what I was dealing with, I was able to complete the job. Perhaps including a detail of this process in a You Tube would help.
Upgraded my 2016 Explorer from MFT to Sync 3. Very easy to replace all the required parts. The online how to videos, the instructions that we sent with the Kit was perfect. I called the Tech Line once and got ahold of someone very fast. Had my questions answered and off I went, Very straight forward conversion. Love the speed of the Sync 3 system and having Apple Car Play. Highly recommend!
I bought the model that went with the iPhone. I love the iPhone and love the way it displays the information on the screen. I used maps in an area over the weekend that was new construction and the directions were great! I wish the iPhone had bluetooth hookup instead of using the cable, but that's on Apple. The Sync 3 is a great upgrade. The navigation is simple and the look is clean. I'm very satisfied.