Replacement SYNC 3 APIM Module pre-programmed to your VIN for a quick and easy replacement with no trip to the dealer required! Regardless if your vehicle does or does not have navigation now, you can upgrade to navigation / downgrade to non-navigation or keep it the same.
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring.
- Maintains ALL existing features (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Will operate exactly like it came from the factory.
- No additional antenna required for navigation equipped module (your vehicle already has one).
- Navigation module supports subscription to SiriusXM for traffic, weather, sports and movie information.
- Install Time: Varies
- Install Ease: Varies
- 2016 and newer Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped the 8" SYNC 3 system.
- This WILL NOT work with a MyFord Touch (SYNC 2) screen assembly - see our SYNC 2 to 3 conversion kits for adding SYNC 3 to older vehicles.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Does this need to be programmed at the dealer?”
- A – No. We pre-program the module using the VIN you provide at checkout.
- Q – “My backup camera does not work, will this fix it?”
- A – No. Backup camera failures are common. If the backup camera is not working, it will need to be replaced.
- Q – “If I update my Sync system using the Ford SyncMyRide website, will that cause the navigation feature to be deactivated?”
- A – No. A consumer installed software update will NOT affect this navigation upgrade.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Can’t believe Ford, but APIM went bad in 2 1/2 years. Thanks to 4dtech. Easy plug and play replacement.
2016 Ford Expedition with navigation SYNC3 touchscreen was very slow to respond. Attempted to have FORD look at it (I’m out of warranty due to mileage). Would have needed to wait A MONTH just for an appointment. Took a chance with this replacement APIM already programmed by 4d Tech. Performed the repair in about 20 minutes. I would advise getting panel removal tools (you can find them for about $15). Males the job easier and safer so you don’t crack any trim. No need to remove center console if just swapping out the APIM. Just have to remove the front bezel. Very easy. Very satisfied.