Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Get $50 back! Simply send us your old module. (Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included. See below for details*)
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation. It may also be depicted with on screen climate controls - this kit will retain existing on screen climate controls, but will not add them to a vehicle that did not have them before.
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Screen to module cable.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Replacement Media Hub.
- Media Hub Wiring Adapter.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico**
- Install Time: ~15 minutes
- Install Ease: 1 out of 5
- 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 Ford Super Duty Pickup Trucks equipped the 8" MyFord Touch system
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate and the bottom right corner of my screen just has the date. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
* Continental USA only. Must have a 2013+ production date, no physical damage and in working condition. See Policies for more info.
**Regardless if your SYNC 2 system is navigation equipped or not, you will need to select "Navigation Version" option under "Kit Options" if you would like SYNC 3 to have navigation.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
15 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Installation was simple thanks to the instructions and everything works perfectly. I upgraded from sync 2 w/nav to the sync 3 w/nav and it is such drastic improvement. If your like me, and drive over 40k miles per year in your truck, this is a “must” upgrade. Thank you again 4D tech.
Easy removal and replace with Sync 3 kit as instruction read. It is very early to say much more. I have used the mapping once and I have also used Satellite radio and got my phone connected. The Sync 3 seems to have been programed for my vehicle as stated and the functions seem to work OK. I will know more after I take a longer trip than the other side of town. I am happy with the media device. I have also used the USB functions which work well much better that on the old Sync 2.
Very simple straight forward installation. Had a couple issues, but were quickly resolved by your excellent support staff. Really like all the new features of this system over my old Sync 2.
Much easier user interface.
The install was very easy. The only thing missing from the kit was the double sided adhesive strip to secure the GPS antenna. It was truly plug and play. The install videos were excellent. Most of all it works as advertised. I am completely satisfied with my experience so far.
Parts were shipped promptly right after ordering and arrived on time via FedEx ground. Watched the video, which was really well done, then took my time and an hour later everything was buttoned up and installed. All the parts needed were included, they even give you printed instructions if you don't want to watch the video. There are no hidden gotcha's, this is as straightforward an install as I've ever seen. The folks at 4Dtech were kind enough to add a couple of custom tweaks to my unit before shipping it to me, big Thank You to them, it all looks and works great.
The one thing that was missing on my new to me truck. Love using the Apple car play. Everything works as it should. Installation was easy with the video to use as reference. The dash tools made taking the dash apart very easy. Hardest part of the entire installation was getting some of the modules unplugged from their locking pigtails. Overall excellent product.
If you are on the fence about this, don't be, go for it. It's one of the simplest, seamless mods you can make to your truck. I was a bit worried about performing this myself. Everytime I mess with the interior of a vehicle I break a plastic tab, not this time. 10 screws, 6 connections and done. Completely seamless. Should also mention customer service is excellent. Had a couple questions which were promptly answered. If you can afford it there is no reason whatsoever not to do this.
Does exactly as they say it will easy to install works perfectly the best product on the market and the best customer service when you call
Feeling the pinch of aged technology, crazy to say in three years, in a vehicle we want to keep forever. Finally the answer. The swap,out was as easy as advertised. The only gotcha I ran into was a blow fuse. How that happened who knows, but a quick change in the foot panel on the passenger side and boom, worked!
The upgraded system is fast. I mean fast compared to the MFT system. For the day it was introduced I always thought MFT was the bar to be matched. Now this system... amazing. Gives new life to our truck and makes working on the road so much easier!