In a matter of seconds, the CANopener Flash will enable the Trailer Brake Controller in your vehicle. Simply plug the CANopener™ Flash programmer into your vehicle's OBDII diagnostic port under your steering column for a moment to perform the required programming. Swap the existing dash pocket for a trailer brake controller from the Ford HERE (P/N: JL3Z-19H332-AA) and you are done!
The trailer brake controller assists in smooth and effective trailer braking by powering the trailer’s electric or electric-over-hydraulic brakes with a proportional output based on the towing vehicle’s brake pressure. You can adjust the level of initial trailer brake output by selecting one of three
settings using the information display. Choose Low, Medium or High for the initial trailer brake output you require.
- CANopener™ Flash Programmer
- Easy Plug n' Play install
- Simple DIY vehicle programming
- CANopener programmers are not covered under our normal return policy. Once plugged into a vehicle, they become "locked" to that vehicle / device and can not be used on another vehicle. For this reason, they are not refundable once used.
- 2015-2018 Ford F-150 (Customer must purchase trailer brake controller hardware - the included CANopener simply programs the vehicle as required to avoid a trip to the dealer).