- Enables the installation of a factory Trailer Brake Controller
- Simple DIY vehicle programming
- Maintains factory & extended warranties
- Non-refundable once used
- Guaranteed to work on compatible vehicles below
OPERATION: Swap the existing dash pocket for the appropriate trailer brake controller from Ford (P/N: JL3Z-19H332-AA for the F-150, P/N: HC3Z-19H332-AA for the Super Duty).
- 2015-2020 Ford F-150
- 2017-2019 Ford Super Duty with the 4" Productivity Screen / Instrument cluster. WILL NOT WORK ON THE 8" PREMIUM INSTRUMENT CLUSTERS.
- Customer must purchase trailer brake controller hardware - the included CANopener simply programs the vehicle as required to avoid a trip to the dealer.
- Simply insert into the diagnostic port below the steering wheel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Will this work on my vehicle”
- A – Yes. This had been tested on on all the models and years listed.
- Q – “Does this product cause any issues / disable any features?”
- A – No. This product does not cause any issues or disable any features.
- Q – “Will this void my warranty?”
- A – No. This product will not void your vehicle warranty
- Q – “Will the dealer know I change programming in my vehicle?”
- A – No. You can simply plug the device back in and revert the changes at any time.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
it took 30 sec. to enable my trailer brake oem controller.plugged in ,looked away,looked back. it was done.test drove=nice
Very easy install, worked perfectly
Fast and easy no problem
Nice work on it. Do you have one for 2011 f150
I purchased the programmer recently. Also, I found the actual Ford part on Ebay. It was listed for $89 or best offer. Offered the vendor $75 and it was accepted.
On my '15 XLT, there was a small cubby where the controller is mounted. It is kinda low actually, and to the right of the steering wheel.
There are a couple of good videos on YouTube on how to remove the cubby and install the controller. Takes about 45 mins to an hour from start to finish.
Afterwards, I plugged the programmer in the OBD port. Initially, I kept getting a flashing red instead of the green "success" light. But, after about 3 or 4 attempts, it worked. Not sure what went wrong on the initial attempts.
Regardless, I have a functioning trailer brake controller now that is OEM in appearance and function.