Add a backup camera with this OEM Style Ford tailgate handle camera with on-screen static guidelines (do not move with steering wheel). Includes distance markers on the left and right sides as well as a centering line down the middle. Provides a clear view of the hitch and edge of the bumper step for easy trailer hookup.
- Handle w/ pre-installed camera
- Main wiring harness
- Power pigtail
- Video pigtail
- Vehicle programmer (optional)
- Vehicle specific integration harness (optional)
- Electrical disconnect for easy tailgate removal
- RCA Video connector output (NTSC video signal)
- Image orientation for REAR facing installation
- Static on-screen guidelines / distance markers
- Retains OEM power lock (if equipped)
- 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Ford F150 Pickup Truck
- Choose "Add Harness & Programmer" for your appropriate screen size If you are adding to your existing screen system.
- Choose "Add 8" Screen Harness" If purchased along with our SYNC 2 to 3 or Navigation upgrade kit. We will program the camera function for you.
- Choose "Camera Only" if purchased along with our 4" to 8" conversion which already has the input. We will program the camera function for you.
- Choose "Camera Only" if you have an aftermarket system with RCA camera input.
- ALL Ford screens require the camera to be powered from an ignition switched power source (one that turns on and off with the vehicle). DO NOT CONNECT YOUR CAMERA TO THE REVERSE LIGHT. The delay in the reverse lights powering the camera will cause the Ford screen to be black with no image and / or an error message to show on the screen.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
9 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
All went according to plan and in relatively short order. Aside from the inevitable dropped socket and a few tight squeezes, the job provided very few frustrating moments. The video covered everything pretty well and made for an easy time of it overall. I will say that for anyone without basic wiring skills, the "grabbing" power portion could use a little better coverage. No problem if you're used to wielding a soldering iron and heat shrink tubing, though.
Camera works perfectly and the only criticism I could offer is that the one-time use of the flash programmer seems wasteful. Might be a nice option (and a little cheaper??) to offer a use fee and refundable deposit.
All in all, I'm totally happy with the purchase!
The product is very well made. It was easily installed after playing the installation video. After installing the software it immediately performed as advertised. My only complaint was shipping. I didn’t mind the two week shipping time. I did mind the$50 charge to Fedex only to watch the delivery truck meander around the Midwest and west before flying to Hawaii. Too much money. Could have been put in a USPS flare rate box for much less and quicker delivery.
video tutorial are very good and installation went as planned with a couple snags. There was no pass through grommet so I had to drill a hole and install a grommet which I got from a local auto shop. The other snag was tying into the existing 12 volt system since I didn't have the auto start feature. I called steve and he was great (but a little vague on wiring advice). My advice is to use a quick splice (snap connector) which was very easy...I bought then O'reilly's
Great product; saved me hundreds of dollars doing it myself rather than taking it to Car Toys or a similar place
Fairly easy to install good instructions video works better on ie and chrome not so much on firefox
This was super easy to install and works great, took about 2 1/2 hours taking my time and going slow. I am able to see both the bumper and the hitch on the 4 inch screen, which other reviews I saw said "can't see the bumper" and some had pictures of it. The zoom doesn't work, but I didn't expect it to after reading other reviews. There should be a rebate or something for sending the Canopener back, I have no use for it now, and it could save them some money reusing it.
Product and packaging was high quality. Shipment was prompt. I don't do any work on my vehicles because I usually break things. In this case I did the complete install myself following the video, step by step. It took me about 4 hours and it worked so now I have a backup camera!
I didn't need any tech support but I had one follow up question that I sent by email. 4dtech responded within minutes with a clear answer to my question.
2 Ford dealerships turned me down on installing an OEM backup camera, amongst other OEM parts, as well as 2 auto audio and electronics dealers. I took it upon myself to try tracking down all of the OEM parts needed to do this install myself, including configuring the computer. This was near impossible! This kit from 4dtech is amazing! Everything needed is there. Everything works great, and the computer modification was too easy!! Just plug it in and wait for the green light. I'm now considering coming back for the full sync 3 8" upgrade kit with nav and everything.
I order the camera and it was delivered within 7 business days. The installation is easy and the directions are pretty easy to follow.
I had a couple of questions through the install and support answered the phone and walked me through everything. These guys are great! I highly recommend them!
Worked as expected. Minor hiccup with flasher but exceptional customer service to fix it.