Add a backup camera with this OEM Style Ford tailgate handle camera with on-screen static guidelines (do not move with steering wheel).
- Handle w/ pre-installed camera
- Main wiring harness
- Power pigtail
- Video pigtail
- Vehicle programmer (optional)
- Vehicle specific integration harness (optional)
- Electrical disconnect for easy tailgate removal
- RCA Video connector output (NTSC video signal)
- Image orientation for REAR facing installation
- Static on-screen guidelines / distance markers
- Retains OEM power lock (if equipped)
- 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Ford F150 Pickup Truck
- Choose "Add Harness & Programmer" for your appropriate screen size If you are adding to your existing screen system.
- Choose "Add 8" Screen Harness" If purchased along with our SYNC 2 to 3 or Navigation upgrade kit. We will program the camera function for you.
- Choose "Camera Only" if purchased along with our 4" to 8" conversion which already has the input. We will program the camera function for you.
- Choose "Camera Only" if you have an aftermarket system with RCA camera input.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This was super easy to install and works great, took about 2 1/2 hours taking my time and going slow. I am able to see both the bumper and the hitch on the 4 inch screen, which other reviews I saw said "can't see the bumper" and some had pictures of it. The zoom doesn't work, but I didn't expect it to after reading other reviews. There should be a rebate or something for sending the Canopener back, I have no use for it now, and it could save them some money reusing it.
Product and packaging was high quality. Shipment was prompt. I don't do any work on my vehicles because I usually break things. In this case I did the complete install myself following the video, step by step. It took me about 4 hours and it worked so now I have a backup camera!
I didn't need any tech support but I had one follow up question that I sent by email. 4dtech responded within minutes with a clear answer to my question.
2 Ford dealerships turned me down on installing an OEM backup camera, amongst other OEM parts, as well as 2 auto audio and electronics dealers. I took it upon myself to try tracking down all of the OEM parts needed to do this install myself, including configuring the computer. This was near impossible! This kit from 4dtech is amazing! Everything needed is there. Everything works great, and the computer modification was too easy!! Just plug it in and wait for the green light. I'm now considering coming back for the full sync 3 8" upgrade kit with nav and everything.
I order the camera and it was delivered within 7 business days. The installation is easy and the directions are pretty easy to follow.
I had a couple of questions through the install and support answered the phone and walked me through everything. These guys are great! I highly recommend them!
Worked as expected. Minor hiccup with flasher but exceptional customer service to fix it.