Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
- Genuine Ford voice activated SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford Replacement radio bezel.
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford USB Media Hub w/ Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Support.
- Genuine Ford USB Cable.
- Custom main wiring harness.
- OEM Backup camera retention harness/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera.
- Mounting brackets (Not Pictured - Used).
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmer - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Adds Single Zone Automatic Climate Control (retains Dual Zone auto climate if already equipped)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~80 minutes
- Install Ease: 4 out of 5
- Dash removal tools VIEW | ADD TO CART
- 7mm nut driver VIEW | ADD TO CART
- 7/32 socket, extension and ratchet
- 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Edge equipped the 4" MyFord system
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped or with one of our SiriusXM kits).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls / automatic climate control?”
- A – A – Yes. This kit will add single zone automatic climate control. The passenger side controls will not function.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
My conversion kit is awesome and was a great purchase and easy install!
I would recommend this product
Product worked as advertised. Our first go the backup camera didn’t work. 4d was helpful and shipped us another camera harness and wire harness. Thank goodness the new camera harness did the trick. Love the sync 3 - works a lot smoother than Sync 1. Glad this product was available!!!
Just bought a used edge with the 4"ford touch and decided to upgrade it with the 4Dtech 4-8"upgrade Sync 3 . The kit is spot on fits like it came from ford and works fantastic love the mapping , I had a small issue with finding a module got on with support even late and they responded quickly to help me find what i needed .I really recommend this upgrade ,it does not disappoint .
I decided to take it to a professional installer and am glad I did so. Though the online videos showed the steps, not having the tools or comfort-level to do it myself was my reasoning. The 80 minute estimated time turned into over 180 minutes at this professional installation in part because of a missing video cable - the wrong one was included (a female instead of a male) according to the installer, so I had to pay $25 for a kit they sold so he could harvest the cable. He reported some of the wires were really short in order to easily connect everything. I think a customer service line for Saturday installs (or some access for installers to get assistance when an issue arises - even it's weekend email monitoring) would be helpful, especially given the price points and inevitable issues that come up during an installation. That said, everything is installed and working, and it's great.
Excellent retrofit kit to bring apple carplay/android auto to your vehicle. Installation was straightforward with the provided instructions and available video. Love that this is an OEM product and that it was simply plug-and-play.
Excellent product works and looks as if it was in the car originally.
This is the best mod I have performed on my Edge! The youtube video was extremely helpful in completing the installation.