Save $600! Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen rather than selecting the $600 option to add factory navigation.
Want to retrofit SYNC 3 into your MyFord (4" screen w/o SYNC) equipped vehicle? Now you can! Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
The capacitive touch screen has impressive functionality such as the convenient swipe, and available navigation pinch-to-zoom functionality similar to what is found on your smartphone. SYNC 3 reacts quickly to your commands. From a light tap on the capacitive touch screen to simple voice commands, SYNC 3 delivers noticeable high-speed performance.
Via SYNC AppLink, launch and voice-control some of your favorite mobile apps or access them in the organized apps section, which automatically loads SYNC-enabled apps from your paired and connected smartphone.
Android Auto™ enables Google voice search, maps, music and more through steering wheel and touch screen controls. Apple CarPlay™ allows iPhone users to get directions optimized for traffic, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music, all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road with Siri® or a touch screen.
Don't have SiriusXM radio? See our kits HERE to add it!
- Genuine Ford SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford USB cable(s).
- Genuine Ford Replacement radio bezel.
- Genuine Ford Replacement Media Hub.
- Genuine Ford Microphone and mounting bracket.
- Main wiring harness w/ OEM camera retention/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera.
- Stainless mounting brackets.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (required for nav and non-nav installs)
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmer - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~45 minutes
- Install Ease: 3 out of 5
- 2017 & 2018 F-250 | F-350 | F450 | F550 Super Duty Pickup Trucks equipped the 4" MyFord system
- Existing 4" system must NOT have basic SYNC / Bluetooth functions to perform this upgrade
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped).
- This kit does NOT add audio steering wheel controls. This is the only way to activate SYNC voice recognition. However, when using Apple CarPlay or Android auto, you can activate their respective voice recognition apps from the screen.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
4" w/o SYNC to 8" Upgrade w/ SYNC 3 | 2015+ Ford F-150 & 2017 + Super Duty
Plug n' Play 4" to 8" Conversion for the F-series Pickup that...
2015+ F-150 Radio Bezel Button Swap
Visit https://www.4dtech.com to purchase kits and parts like t...
SYNC®3: New Features | SYNC 3 How-To | Ford
Check out all of the What's new and enhanced? features that yo...
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I recently bought an F-250 Super Duty XL which did not have the SYNC system in it. I had traded my Mustang GT in and I had really fallen in love with the system and so I sought a way to put that system in my truck. I bought the 4” to 8” conversion for vehicles without SYNC and the install was painless. I am a novice to doing interior trim and accessories work in a vehicle and though it took me a little longer than 45 mins it really was simple. The product that you get is not just some beat up bezel and used up APIM etc, it is legit Ford OEM parts. Now I have sync 3 and on top of that the voice command as well which I really love. Not only this, but having an XL I didn’t have steering wheel controls on the right side for the SYNC system so all I needed to do was purchase a new upgraded XLT steering wheel for the 2017 F-250 from Ford parts dept at my local dealership. With that the whole system is complete, just like it came from the factory built that way. You will still have to activate the media/sync/phone button switch cluster on the new steering wheel, but you will need to search out how to do that.
I’d definitely recommend this product to friends and family and I would definitely purchase this system from 4D Tech again!
I ordered my 4" to 8" kit and less than 48 hours later the install is complete . Detailed instructions along with videos made the installation a breeze . Start to finish @ 40 minutes and I was done , satellite linked up , programming took seconds and kit performed flawlessly . I will admit I am familiar with the removal and installation of these F250 kits due to the fact I unfortunately went with a competitor of 4Dtech the first time . I wont name any names , but I will say that 4Dtech promised a kit that would work and man do they deliver !!! I am completely happy with the kit and the simplicity of the installation . So take it from someone who has tried from others , don't waste your time go with 4Dtech the 1st time !!!!!