Save $600! Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen rather than selecting the $600 option to add factory navigation.
Want to retrofit SYNC 3 into your MyFord (4" screen w/o SYNC) equipped vehicle? Now you can! Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
The capacitive touch screen has impressive functionality such as the convenient swipe, and available navigation pinch-to-zoom functionality similar to what is found on your smartphone. SYNC 3 reacts quickly to your commands. From a light tap on the capacitive touch screen to simple voice commands, SYNC 3 delivers noticeable high-speed performance.
Via SYNC AppLink, launch and voice-control some of your favorite mobile apps or access them in the organized apps section, which automatically loads SYNC-enabled apps from your paired and connected smartphone.
Android Auto™ enables Google voice search, maps, music and more through steering wheel and touch screen controls. Apple CarPlay™ allows iPhone users to get directions optimized for traffic, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music, all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road with Siri® or a touch screen.
Don't have SiriusXM radio? See our kits HERE to add it!
- Genuine Ford SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford USB cable(s).
- Genuine Ford Replacement radio bezel.
- Genuine Ford Replacement Media Hub.
- Genuine Ford Microphone and mounting bracket.
- Main wiring harness w/ OEM camera retention/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera.
- Stainless mounting brackets.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (required for nav and non-nav installs)
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmer - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~45 minutes
- Install Ease: 3 out of 5
- 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 F-150 Pickup Trucks equipped the 4" MyFord system
- Existing 4" system must NOT have basic SYNC / Bluetooth functions to perform this upgrade
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped).
- This kit does NOT add audio steering wheel controls but does program the vehicle to optionally accept a new steering wheel with audio control. This is the only way to activate SYNC voice recognition. However, when using Apple CarPlay or Android auto, you can activate their respective voice recognition apps from the screen.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!