Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen rather than sele.
Get $50 back! Simply send us your old module. (Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included. See below for details*)
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation. It may also be depicted with on screen climate controls - this kit will retain existing on screen climate controls, but will not add them to a vehicle that did not have them before.
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Screen to module cable.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Replacement Media Hub.
- Media Hub Wiring Adapter.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico**
- Install Time: ~20 minutes
- Install Ease: 1 out of 5
- 2012, 2013 & 2014 Ford Focus & Focus Electric equipped the 8" MyFord Touch system
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate and the bottom right corner of my screen just has the date. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
* Continental USA only. Must have a 2013+ production date, no physical damage and in working condition. See Policies for more info.
**Regardless if your SYNC 2 system is navigation equipped or not, you will need to select "Navigation Version" option under "Kit Options" if you would like SYNC 3 to have navigation.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Everything is included to make this kit truely plug-n-play. There was one company I was looking at as well, but they didn't include the adapter for the media hub so stick with 4dtech! I've had it up and running for a couple weeks now with not a single issues in my 2013 ST. I suggest checking out their install videos on YouTube, but there are also instructions that include pictures that come with the kit. I'd like to add that on a 2013 focus swapping the media hub is the only hangup I ran into. The instructions and video didn't mention it, but in 2013's the plug for the USB power is so short it's impossible to plug into the new hub from the top. To access this there is one T15 torx bolt inside the top of the center console. This let's you snap off the back of the console and gives you access to a 2x2in. hole to grab the usb wire and plug it into the new hub. I couldn't be happier with this purchase. SYNC 3 responds so much faster and is a much cleaner system to use. Android Auto is the icing on the cake, if you haven't seen what it can do you don't know what you're missing! Thanks to 4dtech for offering this amazing conversion which is worth every penny!!