Want $50 back? Send us your old module!
(Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included. See below for details*)
Want to add factory OEM navigation to MyFord Touch / MyTouch? Our complete Explorer Navigation kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Check out videos or user manual below to see how it works!
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Latest (A11) SD map card containing full maps for USA and Canada.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring.
- Maintains ALL existing features while adding the factory navigation option. - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Will operate exactly like it came from the factory with navigation.
- No additional antenna required (your vehicle already has one).
- Supports subscription to SiriusXM for traffic, weather, sports and movie information.
- Now with support for Siri® Eyes-Free!
- Install Time: ~15 minutes
- Install Ease: 1 out of 5
- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 2015 & 2016 Ford Explorer equipped the 8" MyFord Touch system
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “If I update my Sync system using the Ford SyncMyRide website, will that cause the navigation feature to be deactivated?”
- A – No. A consumer installed software update will NOT affect this navigation upgrade.
- Q – “My backup camera does not work, will this fix it?”
- A – No. Backup camera failures are common. If the backup camera is not working, it will need to be replaced.
- Q – “If I perform a master reset, will that cause the navigation feature to be deactivated?”
- A – No. A master reset will NOT affect this navigation upgrade.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
*Continental USA only. Must have a 2013+ production date, no physical damage and in working condition. See Policies for more info.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I took my explorer to a dealership in North San Diego. Dealer charged $135 and said my apim is bad and I'd missed my warranty. They wanted $1300 to replace it and I told them I'd look for other options. I'd bought 2 vehicles though them. So I looked and found 4D tech. I received my upgraded APIM with navigation and installed it in 15min.
I saved $500 my Sirius, backup cam... all work perfect and now I have navigation. Well worth the price
IT WORK LIKE THEY SAID I HAD A BAD APIM SO I HAVE TO REPLACE THE MODULE AND IT WORK BETTER I HAVE THE NAV OPTION AND WAY MORE CHEAPER THAN THE DEALER COST
After a visit with the Ford dealer and getting a quote to fix My Sync for something above $1150.00. That included the APIM module and 4 hours of programming without navigation. I gave them $100.00 diagnostic fee and left. After educating myself as to what I could and couldn't do I searched and found 4D Tech. Ordered the module, came fully programmed with installation instructions. Took 20 minutes and has worked perfect since. Also I ordered the upgrade with navigation. Has worked perfect since.
The Navigation system absolutely works as stated to include the compass on the instrument cluster. Install was as easy as the video made it out to be, the hardest part was removing the trim pieces. I would definitely recommend this product and company to anyone that is looking to upgrade their My Ford Touch system. I will use company if I have any further upgrades to do.
Easy to install. Easy company to deal with.
Easy to install and worked perfectly. Great job guys!
Arrived in timely manner installed with no problems so far working as it should.
This was a great buy for me , It comes in real handy on a daily basis . I was worried about installation a little but the instructions were easy to follow and it was a breeze .