The ONLY no-compromise solution on the market!
IMPORTANT - Check out videos to compare versions
The Start/Stop Eliminator is an revolutionary device that easily plugs in behind the diagnostic port below the steering wheel - eliminating the need to press the button every time you turn the vehicle on!
Version 1 - Removed after programming is complete
This version makes a simple programming change to your vehicle in order to disable the start/stop system. The button and indicators will still look like they are working, but the vehicle will no longer shut down. Want to revert back to factory settings? No problem! Every time you plug the Start/Stop Eliminator back in it will toggle the state of the start stop system.
Version 2 - Stays plugged in for it to operate
This version makes absolutely no changes to your vehicle programming. It simply remembers if the auto start/stop system is enabled or disabled - eliminating the need to press the button every time you turn the vehicle on! This allows you to enable and disable the system right from the button on the dash.
Which should I choose?
Version 2 offers the ability to more easily enable and disable the system (right from the dash switch), makes no changes and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle (assuming it is a supported make and model). The only complaint is some folks don't like having something plugged into the diagnostic port all the time. This is no issue as it does not draw power while the vehicle is off and is not visible in most vehicles. You can always remove it to plug in a diagnostic scanner. Alternatively you can also purchase a OBDII extension cable to tuck it out of the way or purchase a splitter if you have another device that needs to stay plugged in as well.
Version 1 is more limited in that it makes a programming change to the vehicle, and once used, can not be used on another vehicle. The changes can be reverted but require the programmer to be plugged back in to make the change. For someone that insists that nothing stay plugged into the diagnostic port, this is the solution for you.
It literally could not be easier to use!
- Never press the button again!
- Memorizes your preference for the start/stop system with NO programming changes (Version 2)
- Will not void factory or extended warranties
- NO tools or vehicle disassembly required - just plug in
- Complete one-year replacement warranty, US company and support
- 2019 & 2020 Ford Edge SUVs
- Simply insert into the diagnostic port below the steering wheel, remove when lights up GREEN.
- Simply insert between factory wire harness and back of gateway module. This black plastic module is up inside the dash to the right of the steering wheel. Although no disassembly or tools are required, it does take a few minutes of effort to install. Please see the product video for complete install instructions before purchasing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Will the start/stop eliminator work on my vehicle?”
- A – Yes. The start/stop eliminator had been tested on on all the models and years listed.
- Q – “Does the start/stop eliminator cause any issues?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator does not cause any issues.
- Q – “Will the start/stop eliminator void my warranty?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator will not void your vehicle warranty.
- Q – “Will the dealer know I used the start/stop eliminator on my vehicle after I unplug it?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator makes ABSOLUTELY NO changes to your vehicle (version 2). Version 1 does make a change to the vehicle programming.
- Q – “I plugged in the start/stop eliminator and I don't see any changes - is it working?”
- A – Yes! The start/stop eliminator simply remembers if you want the auto start/stop system turned on or off (version 2) or disables the Start/Stop system (Version 1).
- Q – “Can I use the start/stop eliminator in another compatible vehicle?”
- A – Although the start/stop eliminator does not "lock" to a vehicle, it MUST remain plugged in to work (version 2). Version 1 does lock to the first vehicle it is plugged into. In any case, multiple vehicles WILL require multiple eliminators.
- Q – “What if I want to occasionally turn the auto start/stop system back on?”
- A – Simply use the auto start/stop button on your dash like normal (version 2) or plug the Start/Stop Eliminator back in to toggle the system (version 1).
- Q – “It looks like I can just plug the start/stop eliminator into the front of the diagnostic port. Do I need to use the included harness?”
- A – Yes. The included harness is REQUIRED for this particular application (version 2).
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Ford Edge DISABLE Auto Start/Stop Feature - Toggle ON and OFF permanently! (VERSION 1)
Order Today! - 4dtech.com/startstop Website: www.4dtech.com ...
Ford Edge | Nautilus DISABLE Auto Start/Stop Feature - Toggle ON and OFF permanently! (VERSION 2)
Order Today! - 4dtech.com/startstop Website: www.4dtech.com ...
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great device to turn off your Start / Stop. Got tired of having to hit the factory button every time I got in the car. If you have an aftermarket sound system this is a must. I only wish there was 1 module for the 3 different disable tasks that are offered.
I have 2020 Ford Edge SEL. It’s works perfectly, very satisfied with product. Customer service really good, they respond quickly to answer your questions. I would recommend this product and company.
works as advertised
Works great no more stops at the traffic lights
The only thing I hated on my 2019 Ford Edge ST was the Start/Stop feature. So relieved when I discovered your product. I didn't see the need to tie wrap the module, but I will take a look later to see if it needs it. Thank you 4DTech.
Works perfectly. I am getting a little old to get under the dash. Took me about 5 minutes
worked as advertised
Simple to install and effective device
I was very appreciative of the video review they provided .. I am not a "techy" guy and the video made this a simple install... 1st I was impressed with the delivery time.. Im not exactly sure of the time frame but I believe it was very close to overnight express... 2nd the install not only went smoothly (my projects rarely do) but the snap into place was very secure and solid.. Feels like this device is a quality build.. 3rd it worked right away and the wife is now a happy camper.. I am a very pleased customer and will be doing business with them again in the future.. JB