The ONLY no-compromise solution on the market!
IMPORTANT - Check out videos to compare versions
The Start/Stop Eliminator is an revolutionary device that easily plugs into the diagnostic port below the steering wheel - eliminating the need to press the button every time you turn the vehicle on!
Version 1 - Removed after programming is complete
This is our first iteration of this product - it makes a simple programming change to your vehicle in order to disable the start/stop system. The button and indicators will still look like they are working, but the vehicle will no longer shut down. Want to revert back to factory settings? No problem! Every time you plug the Start/Stop Eliminator back in it will toggle the state of the start stop system.
Version 2 - Stays plugged in for it to operate
This is our new and improved version - it makes absolutely no changes to your vehicle programming. It simply remembers if the auto start/stop system is enabled or disabled - eliminating the need to press the button every time you turn the vehicle on! This allows you to enable and disable the system right from the button on the dash, and eliminates the start/stop icon from showing in the cluster when the system is disabled.
Which should I choose?
Version 2 offers the ability to more easily enable and disable the system (right from the dash switch), makes no changes and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle (assuming it is a supported make and model). The only complaint is some folks don't like having something plugged into the diagnostic port all the time. This is no issue as it does not draw power while the vehicle is off and is not visible in most vehicles. You can always remove it to plug in a diagnostic scanner. Alternatively you can also purchase a OBDII extension cable to tuck it out of the way or purchase a splitter if you have another device that needs to stay plugged in as well.
Version 1 is more limited in that it makes a programming change to the vehicle, and once used, can not be used on another vehicle. The changes can be reverted but require the programmer to be plugged back in to make the change. For someone that insists that nothing stay plugged into the diagnostic port, this is the solution for you.
Ignore all the internet HACKS that attempt to defeat auto stop/start - the Start/Stop Eliminator version 2 exclusively from 4D Tech is the only product that maintains full functionality of your auto start/stop system with NO installation, No programming and NO negative side-effects.
It literally could not be easier to use!
- NO installation - just plug in!
- NO vehicle disassembly required
- NO tools required
- NO programming changes (version 2)
- 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 Ford F-150 Pickup Trucks (Includes Raptor)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Will the start/stop eliminator work on my vehicle?”
- A – Yes. The start/stop eliminator had been tested on on all the models and years listed.
- Q – “Does the start/stop eliminator cause any issues?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator does not cause any issues.
- Q – “Will the start/stop eliminator void my warranty?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator will not void your vehicle warranty.
- Q – “Will the dealer know I used the start/stop eliminator on my vehicle after I unplug it?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator makes ABSOLUTELY NO changes to your vehicle (version 2). Version 1 does make a change to the vehicle programming.
- Q – “I plugged in the start/stop eliminator and I don't see any changes - is it working?”
- A – Yes! The start/stop eliminator simply remembers if you want the auto start/stop system turned on or off (version 2) or disables the Start/Stop system (Version 1).
- Q – “Can I use the start/stop eliminator in another compatible vehicle?”
- A – Although the start/stop eliminator does not "lock" to a vehicle, it MUST remain plugged in to work (version 2). Version 1 does lock to the first vehicle it is plugged into. In any case, multiple vehicles WILL require multiple eliminators.
- Q – “What if I want to occasionally turn the auto start/stop system back on?”
- A – Simply use the auto start/stop button on your dash like normal (version 2) or plug the Start/Stop Eliminator back in to toggle the system (version 1).
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Ford F150 DISABLE Auto Start/Stop Feature - Toggle ON and OFF permanently! (VERSION 1)
See the NEW version of our product HERE: https://youtu.be/yROR...
Ford F150 DISABLE Auto Start/Stop Feature - Toggle ON and OFF permanently! (VERSION 2)
Visit 4dtech.com/startstop The Start/Stop Eliminator plugs in...
48 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Had to load it twice but working after one week.
Works great on my 2018 F150
Superior product. Plugged it in and it works. "As Advertised"
Great product that works flawlessly.
As an electrical engineer working with system reliability analysis, it is a well-known rule of thumb that the worst thing that you can do to an electrical system in "normal operation" is to turn it on. The second worst thing is to turn it off. These operations tend to stress electrical systems and are often the points at which failures occur. Indeed, this is what NASA does as part of their stress testing satellite systems that are going into space and can't be serviced. So why Ford (and other automobile designers) thought that turning a gasoline engine off while stopped at intersections and restarting when you take your foot off the brake was a good thing in order to save a few pennies of gasoline, at the expense of stressing the starter motor and other parts of the engine system, seems completely misguided to me. Not to mention that it is THE most annoying aspect of this otherwise terrific F150 electrical system design. The "kludge" remedies circulating the internet to "disable" this feature had undesirable side effects on my vehicle (2015 model year) and did not work satisfactorily. Turning this feature off gracefully by talking to the on-board computer of the vehicle is really the best way to do this, and the folks at 4DTech have developed a very nice module that does exactly this. Even better - you don't need to be a computer expert, you don't need to navigate through a fancy complicated program, you don't even need to use a computer. You just plug their module into the OBD port of the vehicle, and the programming inside the module takes care of the communication. I bought the model where the change is stored in non-volatile memory inside the on-board computer of the vehicle, so it remembers the change and you can remove the module. It worked great. Plugging the module into the OBD port a second time restores the auto start/stop function (but why would you want to do this?!) At $99 for the module, it's near the threshold of pain, but integrating the elimination of that annoying feature over the life of the vehicle makes it a bargain.
It's as simple and effective as advertised. Plug it in and you're done. Worth the price and I would recommend it to anyone. Also shipped really quickly.
Great product quality. Just connect and start/stop is turned off!
It works like a champ! Easy to apply.
Bought this for my 2019 Ford Raptor because I was totally annoyed by the engine shutting down every time I stopped. Simple Plug & Play install. Works as advertised.