Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
- Genuine Ford voice activated SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford Replacement radio bezel (the button portion is refurbished).
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford USB Media Hub w/ Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Support.
- Genuine Ford USB Cable.
- Genuine Ford Dash Structure.
- Custom main wiring harness.
- Custom hazard harness.
- OEM Backup camera retention harness/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera (not pictured).
- Mounting brackets (used - not new).
- Mounting Screws (not pictured).
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (not pictured) (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmer - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~60 minutes
- Install Ease: 3 out of 5
- 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 Focus equipped the 4" MyFord system (must have volume controls on the steering wheel).
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped or with one of our SiriusXM kits).
- The hazard button will not be backlit at night like all the other buttons.
- 2018 Focus ONLY: The kit will include a bezel with a CD slot as there is no bezel made without a CD slot for the 8" touchscreen.
- Our option above to add CD, SiriusXM & HD include a replacement ACM (radio tuner - sits below the touchscreen). These are used units that carry the same 1 year warranty as the rest of the kit.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls / automatic climate control?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I completed a DIY install of this kit to convert my 2016 Focus from the 4" Sync (Gen 1) to 8" Sync 3, and couldn't be happier. It was a day project to get all the wires threaded properly but the YouTube video made by 4Dtech made the process quite easy to follow. All my factory features were retained including the OEM backup camera and rear parking sensors Android Auto works flawlessly as long as you install the Sync 3 Hub in the center console as instructed - I initially tested the unit without this and it would not recognize my phone via the dashboard USB port. The instructions do correctly mention this hub is required, as is the GPS antenna which is installed behind the glovebox. (in non-nav kits it operates the compass). Overall I'm very happy with this conversion kit - I previously used an aftermarket Android-based unit which didn't function as I wanted, now I'm completely set!