Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
Don't have SiriusXM radio? See our kits HERE to add it!
- Genuine Ford voice activated SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford replacement radio bezel (color shown in pictures and video - no other colors are available).
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford Replacement Media Hub.
- Genuine Ford USB cable(s).
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Custom Main wiring harness.
- Stainless mounting brackets.
- Backup camera retention harness (2014 F150 only)/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera.
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmers - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Adds Single Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~50 minutes
- Install Ease: 3 out of 5
- 2013 & 2014 F-150 Pickup Trucks equipped the 4" MyFord system
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped or with one of our SiriusXM kits).
- 2013 models with the rear camera displayed in the mirror can transfer that signal to this conversion using an optional cable that can be found HERE.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “My Hub is in my center console unlike the one in the video, will this kit still work?”
- A – Yes, The hub install and connections are the same, just in a different location.
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – Yes. This kit will add single zone automatic climate control. The passenger side controls will not function.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
14 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
First let me say this was a very very easy install, watched their video a couple of times for reference which made it very easy when it came time to install the system into my truck. I have a 2014 XLT which came with the 4.2 screen now having the 8'' screen is great the backup camera with the smaller screen was a pain to see but with the 8'' its perfect for hooking up the trailer as well as getting a better view of whats behind you.. Had some issues rite from the very start with it the whole system it would fail to load and the lights on the bezel controls would always stay on. Contacted 4Dtech and there technical response was the same day they gave me a list of a few things to try which did not work so I contacted them again and they sent me out new parts (I did have to pay a deposit of which they did refund also they covered all of the shipping) which I swapped out and it appears to be in good shape now. I selected the Sync 3 without Nav as I use Apple Car Play for my Nav save yourself $600 you won't regret it.
The system is a little pricey but it is complete with everything you need and it comes with a 1 year warranty
I am 65 years old... I have never tackled anything as complicated with automotive electronics. I watched the video several times, and then played it on my iPad in the vehicle while dismantling and installing the console. Everything was great except the traction control button, in the top center of the console, explaination was missing. I quickly figured it out and went on with the explaination. I also installed a tailgate backup camera at the same time.
The harnesses were too complex so getting power to the camera was the only thing I had to get help with.
Everything else went very smoothly.
I was a little hesitant in purchasing the entire package (instead of buying all the parts separately) due to the price tag associated with the 8" screen and the nav. However, everything that was required was included in the package and I couldn't be happier with the upgrade. The touch screen and navigation are worlds apart from the 4" screen that the truck came with. The install videos were easy to follow along with but took me a few extra minutes at certain points due to the postioning of some of the parts within the vehicle. Overall, a great upgrade!
I upgraded from the 4" screen to the 8" screen with Nav. I followed along with the install video which made the install very easy. The unit works perfectly and I couldn't be happier.
Be advised however, Ford has not updated the maps in Sync 3 in a couple of years, and no update is out there yet.
Just getting Siri and the Apple Car play addition was worth it to me!
This is the best upgrade I could have done to my 2013 F150. Very easy to install. Had my questions answered very quickly. Looks great and the video is very helpful. Great costumer service from the guys at 4D Tech.