Another in the line of CANopener products! This simple to install kit allows you to add a backup camera to any Ford or Lincoln vehicle with SYNC 2 (MyFord / MyLincoln Touch) or SYNC 3 in three easy steps:
- Install our (optional) Plug n' Play "T" harness behind the touchscreen
- Plug the camera of your choice into our T harness
- Easily enable the backup camera input using included CANopener™ Flash programmer
The CANopener™ Flash programmer plugs into your vehicle's OBDII diagnostic port under your steering column. In a matter of seconds, the Flash will enable the backup camera feature on your vehicle's touchscreen. It will show the attached backup camera when the vehicle is placed in reverse - just like it would from the factory!
- CANopener™ Flash Programmer
- Camera Video "T" Harness (If chosen in bundle options)
- Detailed Printed Instructions
- Easy Plug n' Play install
- Simple DIY vehicle programming
This Programmer and harness will add a reverse camera input when the vehicle did not originally come equipped with a backup camera. It will NOT add input for additional cameras/multi-camera support.
Our harness will support any vehicle backup camera with a standard RCA connection. Please note, ALL Ford screens require the camera to be powered from an ignition switched power source (one that turns on and off with the vehicle). DO NOT CONNECT YOUR CAMERA TO THE REVERSE LIGHT. The delay in the reverse lights powering the camera will cause the Ford screen to be black with no image and / or an error message to show on the screen.
- CANopener programmers are not covered under our normal return policy. Once plugged into a vehicle, they become "locked" to that vehicle / device and can not be used on another vehicle. For this reason, they are not refundable once used.
- 2011-2016 Ford & Lincoln vehicles w/ SYNC 2 6.5" & 8" Touch Screen (MyFord / MyLincoln Touch)
- 2016+ Ford & Lincoln vehicles w/ SYNC 3 6.5" & 8" Touch Screen
- 2018+ Ford EcoSport, F-150 & Expedition w/ SYNC 4.2" Screen
- 2019+ Ford Mustang w/ SYNC 4.2" Screen
- If you have the "Jukebox" feature, then this is NOT for you. Not sure? Ask us FIRST!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
11 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Worked like magic. Along with the 4D Tech wire harness, it easily reprogrammed my 2013 Ford Escape Sync in under a minute. We have a beautiful back up camera now. Thank you!
Installed on a 2017 F550 w/8" screen to aftermarket backup camera. Install took minutes and worked as advertised first try. After contacting multiple companies who were unable to confirm 450/550 compatibility, 4D Tech provided a fantastic solution.
I rarely leave a review unless a product exceeds or falls below what's expected. I purchased the CANopener with the harness for my 2015 C-MAX. I purchased an aftermarket camera on Amazon for about $30 spent an hour or two wiring it to the reverse light and dressing the cable through the door and interior. After all that time I found out that it wouldn't simply work by plugging into the video input.
After doing some more research I came across 4DTech and their CANopener. It quite literally took all of 30-45 minutes to install the harness and reprogram my SYNC and I had a fully operational backup camera.
The product was exactly as advertised. The install was straight forward and worked as listed. At this point I would clearly recommend this product to add a rear view camera to any Ford Sync II or III system.
This product worked like a charm! Easy to use! Just plug it in, wait a few seconds and the reverse camera worked when shifting into reverse.
I also purchased the harness which was also very easy to install.
I used this product for my 2014 Ford Focus ST. My year didn't come with the reverse camera and saw that this product will enable me to have one. Everything worked as intended and I have no complaints.
Great product plug and play easy install . Camera works great just as factory does any camera will work I used ford tailgate handle camera splice wires to video rca hook up or you can buy there camera to make it easy . Highly recommended product
saved $600 buying this product
together with the Camera kit. they were charging me $1200 for everything factory here in florida. This product
is amazing, the only thing missing are the parking lines on the camera wich made no difference to me and its explained before buying the prduct. Took me and my father max 2 hours to do everything. Very happy.
Works awesome! Plugged into the OBD II as instructed and within seconds it was programmed.