The ONLY no-compromise solution on the market!
IMPORTANT - Check out videos to compare versions
The Start/Stop Eliminator is an revolutionary device that easily plugs into the diagnostic port below the steering wheel - eliminating the need to press the button every time you turn the vehicle on!
Version 1 - Removed after programming is complete
This version makes a simple programming change to your vehicle in order to disable the start/stop system. The button and indicators will still look like they are working, but the vehicle will no longer shut down. Want to revert back to factory settings? No problem! Every time you plug the Start/Stop Eliminator back in it will toggle the state of the start stop system.
Version 2 - Stays plugged in for it to operate
This version makes absolutely no changes to your vehicle programming. It simply remembers if the auto start/stop system is enabled or disabled - eliminating the need to press the button every time you turn the vehicle on! This allows you to enable and disable the system right from the button on the dash.
Which should I choose?
Version 2 offers the ability to more easily enable and disable the system (right from the dash switch), makes no changes and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle (assuming it is a supported make and model). The only complaint is some folks don't like having something plugged into the diagnostic port all the time. This is no issue as it does not draw power while the vehicle is off and is not visible in most vehicles. You can always remove it to plug in a diagnostic scanner. Alternatively you can also purchase a OBDII extension cable to tuck it out of the way or purchase a splitter if you have another device that needs to stay plugged in as well.
Version 1 is more limited in that it makes a programming change to the vehicle, and once used, can not be used on another vehicle. The changes can be reverted but require the programmer to be plugged back in to make the change. For someone that insists that nothing stay plugged into the diagnostic port, this is the solution for you.
It literally could not be easier to use!
- Never press the button again!
- Memorizes your preference for the start/stop system with NO programming changes (Version 2)
- Will not void factory or extended warranties
- NO tools or vehicle disassembly required - just plug in
- Complete one-year replacement warranty, US company and support
- 2016, 2017 & 2018 Ford Edge SUVs
- Simply insert into the diagnostic port below the steering wheel.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Will the start/stop eliminator work on my vehicle?”
- A – Yes. The start/stop eliminator had been tested on on all the models and years listed.
- Q – “Does the start/stop eliminator cause any issues?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator does not cause any issues.
- Q – “Will the start/stop eliminator void my warranty?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator will not void your vehicle warranty.
- Q – “Will the dealer know I used the start/stop eliminator on my vehicle after I unplug it?”
- A – No. The start/stop eliminator makes ABSOLUTELY NO changes to your vehicle (version 2). Version 1 does make a change to the vehicle programming.
- Q – “I plugged in the start/stop eliminator and I don't see any changes - is it working?”
- A – Yes! The start/stop eliminator simply remembers if you want the auto start/stop system turned on or off (version 2) or disables the Start/Stop system (Version 1).
- Q – “Can I use the start/stop eliminator in another compatible vehicle?”
- A – Although the start/stop eliminator does not "lock" to a vehicle, it MUST remain plugged in to work (version 2). Version 1 does lock to the first vehicle it is plugged into. In any case, multiple vehicles WILL require multiple eliminators.
- Q – “What if I want to occasionally turn the auto start/stop system back on?”
- A – Simply use the auto start/stop button on your dash like normal (version 2) or plug the Start/Stop Eliminator back in to toggle the system (version 1).
- Q – “It looks like I can just plug the start/stop eliminator into the front of the diagnostic port. Do I need to use the included harness?”
- A – Yes. The included harness is REQUIRED for this particular application (version 2).
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It worked like it should and only took a few minutes to do. What a relief not having to hit that button every time the vehicle is started.
got it the day before and on my way to work(3am) i decided to go ahead and set it up, went off as advertised and have had no issues, usually I forget to turn it off but not an issue any more .