Custom programming for Ford and Lincoln electronics. Each programming purchase (even if multiple parts are to be programmed) is for a single VIN. If you need items programmed for multiple VINs, simply add programming to your cart after entering the proper VIN multiple times. If you are unsure of what needs to be programmed or sent in for programming, CONTACT US VIA EMAIL FIRST.
APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) - AKA "SYNC" module - silver box normally bolted to the back of the touchscreen.
ACM (Audio Control Module) - AKA "Radio Tuner / CD Player) - silver box normally bolted in directly below or above the touchscreen and has a CD slot.
FCIM (Front Control Interface Module) - AKA "Radio Bezel" - This is the set of buttons that operates the radio and sometimes the heater controls.
- SYNC 2 to SYNC 3 Conversion - the APIM needs to be programmed with the settings of the target vehicle plus several custom changes. This requires custom setting hundreds of parameters and is NOT simply entering the VIN into the unit.
- 4" to 8" Conversion - the APIM, FCIM and in most cases the ACM needs to be programmed with the settings of the target vehicle with many custom changes.
- XM/HD Upgrade - the APIM needs to be programmed to add XM/HD radio to the source list and the ACM needs to be programmed with the settings of the target vehicle with the addition of the XM/HD radio settings.
- Navigation Upgrade - a navigation equipped module will need to be programmed with the settings of the target vehicle with the proper navigation options also enabled. WE CAN NOT ADD NAVIGATION TO A NON-NAVIGATION MODULE.
Include a copy of your paid receipt in the box and write the order number on the outside of the box. You are required to ship the radio to us for repair. Actual Return shipping will be included at checkout. When shipping you radio, you may use whatever carrier you prefer, but we recommend UPS or FedEx. DO NOT use shipping peanuts, use bubble wrap and use an over sized box (double box if you can). WE WILL NOT be responsible for shipping damage in either direction.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Why does equipment need to be programmed?”
- A – Most oeverything today is a small computer. Many are designed to work in multiple vehicles and trim levels. As a result, they need to be configured. Many modules have hundreds of settings!
- Q – “Why choose 4D Tech to program my equipment?”
- A – We have been programming Ford and Lincoln equipment for years and pioneered this service. We write our own software and have automated most conversion processes so there is little to no chance of human error.
- Q – “Why can't I do it myself / why is it so expensive?”
- A – Programming takes specialized hardware, software and most importantly KNOWLEDGE. We don't just dump a "profile" on your hardware, it is TRULY custom programmed based on the build sheet for your vehicle!
- Q – “What if the programming does not work?”
- A – We program thousands of items a year and have it down to a science using our state of the art software developed in house. In the unlikely event there is an issue, we will be happy to fix it!
- Q – “What if I need help with my DIY install?”
- A – We always recommend one of our complete kits. Many times a DIY project will take longer and cost more than a complete kit. The kits are expensive for a reason! We do not provide technical support on DIY projects.
Note: Programming is not refundable for ANY reason. If there is an error in programming, we will happily fix it.
Note: If you have custom programming requests (i.e. want to also add a backup camera) you need to let us know in the order notes as you check out.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I had the APIM “Vin programmed” twice by a different vendor, and the unit was not working. I sent it to 4 Tech, and to worked perfectly the first time. They have earned my business in the future.
Quick and easy process everything works!