Have a newer vehicle and miss having a CD player? This simple slot loading CD player simply plugs into one of your USB ports and instantly allows you to continue using your CD collection! No programming or installation required. You can plug it in only when you need it or leave it in place for as long as you own your vehicle - your choice! Control of the CD player is done via normal touchscreen, front bezel and steering wheel controls. Supports track titles and album art for MP3 CD's (if in the Gracenotes Database). Does not support CD text for store bought CD's.
- USB Slot loading CD player with eject button
- USB Extension cable
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring.
- Maintains ALL existing features while adding a CD option.
- No additional parts or programming required.
- Compact unit measuring 5.75"W x 6"D x 1.5"H
- All Ford and Lincoln vehicles with SYNC 3 that are not factory equipped with a CD player.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “Does this require professional installation?"
- A – No, simply plug into one of your USB ports connected to your SYNC system and enjoy.
- Q – “Does this require any vehicle programming or a trip to the dealer?"
- A – No, your SYNC system will automatically detect the CD player and start working immediately.
- Q – “Will this void my warranty?"
- A – No, this is no different than plugging your phone or other media device into your vehicle.
- Q – “I would like this to be a more permanent addition to my vehicle, how can I do that?
- A – Simply secure the CD player in a location of your choosing using Velcro or foam adhesive tape and run the USB cord to one of the SYNC USB ports.
- Q – “The USB cable is not long enough to run to one of my USB ports, what can I do?
- A – Any standard USB extension can be used to relocate the CD player to a more convenient spot.
- Q – “The CD player is plugged into one of my USB ports but does not show up as a source. What is wrong?
- A – Some vehicles have additional USB ports (typically found near the rear seats) that are just charging ports and are not connected to the SYNC system. Move the connection to a port connected to SYNC.
- Q – “If I sell / trade in my vehicle can I move the CD player to a new vehicle?
- A – Yes, simply unplug the unit and take it with you.