This simple to use programmer allows you to make the necessary changes to the ACM (Radio Tuner) when performing a 4" to 8" upgrade to keep phone call and voice command audio functional. The CANopener™ Flash programmer plugs into your vehicle's OBDII diagnostic port under your steering column.
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS IS WHAT I NEED?
- If when you make a phone call from SYNC, the remote party can hear you, but you can not hear them -AND-
- When you press the voice button on the steering wheel, you do not hear the voice prompts from the SYNC system
PLEASE NOTE: This does NOT program any other features in the ACM or any other module. PERFORMING A 4" to 8" UPGRADE ALWAYS REQUIRES ONE OR MORE MODULES TO BE PROPERLY PROGRAMMED - DO NOT ASK US FOR DETAILS. If you are unsure what is required, then purchase a complete kit from us. In most cases this is the most cost effective and easiest solution. We can not stress this enough: Converting from the 4" MyFord system to MyFord Touch or SYNC 3 is an expensive and involved project. This only one small component necessary. Other modules will need to be replaced / programmed. We can NOT provide any details to help you with this project.
- CANopener™ Flash Programmer
- Detailed Printed Instructions
- Easy Plug n' Play install
- Simple DIY vehicle programming
- CANopener programmers are not covered under our normal return policy. Once plugged into a vehicle, they become "locked" to that vehicle / device and can not be used on another vehicle. For this reason, they are not refundable once used.
- 2011-Current Ford or Lincoln vehicles with SYNC 2 or SYNC 3