Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation.
- Genuine Ford voice activated SYNC 3 module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Genuine Ford Replacement radio bezel.
- Genuine Ford Climate Control Module.
- Genuine Ford Screen to module cable.
- Genuine Ford USB Media Hub w/ Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Support.
- Genuine Ford USB Cable.
- Custom main wiring harness.
- OEM Backup camera retention harness/Direct RCA input for aftermarket camera (not pictured).
- Mounting brackets (used - not new).
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- CANopener Flash Remote Programmer - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features
- Adds Single Zone Automatic Climate Control (retains Dual Zone auto climate if already equipped)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico
- Install Time: ~45 minutes
- Install Ease: 3 out of 5
- 2018 & 2019 Explorer equipped the 4" MyFord system (must have volume controls on the steering wheel).
- This will not work on vehicles that came equipped with no sync or bluetooth
- SiriusXM Travel Link requires a navigation equipped kit and your vehicle to be equipped with SiriusXM (factory equipped or with one of our SiriusXM kits).
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate controls. Will this add the on screen controls / automatic climate control?”
- A – Yes. This kit will add single zone automatic climate control. The passenger side controls will not function.
- Q – “I have rear climate controls on my current bezel and don't see them on the new bezel. How do I control the rear HVAC?”
- A – On the SYNC 3 Touchscreen system the rear climate controls are accessed in the touchscreen climate menu.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
- Q – “My vehicle does not have a camera but I would like to add one at the same time - do I need extra parts or programming?”
- A – Our kit has an RCA input for a aftermarket backup camera. Simply let us know that you are adding a camera in the customer notes and we will enable it in programming for free!