Use Google Maps, Waze or Apple Maps from your mobile device on the SYNC 3 screen.
Get $50 back! Simply send us your old module. (Limited time only. Pre-paid return shipping label and free pick-up included. See below for details*)
Our complete SYNC 3 retrofit kit contains genuine Ford parts, includes everything needed and comes pre-programmed. Please note, some of the pictures depict the kit with navigation - We offer this kit with and without factory navigation. It may also be depicted with on screen climate controls - this kit will retain existing on screen climate controls, but will not add them to a vehicle that did not have them before.
- Genuine Ford voice activated navigation system control module.
- Genuine Ford 8" Capacitive Touchscreen.
- Screen to module cable.
- Under dash, retrofit GPS antenna (Required - existing antenna NOT compatible).
- Replacement Media Hub.
- Media Hub Wiring Adapter.
- Vehicle specific programming - NO trip to the dealer required! (VIN Required During Checkout)
- Full printed instructions & live technical support.
- Adds Apple CarPlay™
- Adds Android Auto™
- Latest applicable SYNC 3 software
- Plug n' play - hassle free installation w/ no cut or spliced wiring
- Retains ALL Factory Features - (Backup Camera, Heated Seats, Park Assist, Climate Controls, etc)
- Designed for the DIY'er
- (Optional) Voice Activated Navigation w/ Full maps for USA, Canada and Mexico**
- Install Time: ~25 minutes
- Install Ease: 2 out of 5
- 2013, 2014 & 2015 Ford Flex equipped the 8" MyFord Touch system
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Q – “I have manual climate and the bottom right corner of my screen just has the date. Will this add the on screen controls?”
- A – No. There is not a cost effective way to add automatic climate control.
- Q – “Will this add SYNC Connect / FordPass controls from my phone?”
- A – No. SYNC Connect is a separate modem optioned in some vehicles. We do not currently offer a kit to add this functionality.
- Q – “Will this kit void my factory warranty?”
- A – No. This kit will not void your vehicle warranty. Although Ford will not warranty the components in our kit, we do for one full year!
- Q – “Can I still update the SYNC software when updates are available?”
- A – Yes. You will still be able to update SYNC via USB thumb drive from our software updates page HERE.
- Q – “Will this kit affect my SiriusXM subscription?”
- A – No. SiriusXM subscriptions are NOT affected by our kit - your SiriusXM ID will remain the same.
* Continental USA only. Must have a 2013+ production date, no physical damage and in working condition. See Policies for more info.
**Regardless if your SYNC 2 system is navigation equipped or not, you will need to select "Navigation Version" option under "Kit Options" if you would like SYNC 3 to have navigation.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
If you do a lot of driving and want to be able to utilize CarPlay or AndroidAuto but you have a MyTouch system, this is a great upgrade. Is it cheap? No, but it is absolutely everything they described it is. Installation was a breeze, though I wish the vehicle specific instructions for my 2014 Flex were a bit more detailed, especially around where the clips are located on the panels. So far, I've been really enjoying the new system!
All I can say is WOW!!
It was time to replace my 2011 Ford Flex and ready to buy a new 2018, but my dealer offered me a great deal on a 2015, driven my a family member of the owners; less than 16,000 miles, and clean as new. I grabbed the deal at $18,000 below the sticker of a new one. All of the equipment that I wanted with the exception of having Sync with My Ford Touch & Nav instead of Sync 3 (and Car Play). For the huge savings, I figured I could live with outdated maps and costly map updates; that were still obviously outdated. I looked into upgrading my Sync system with my Ford dealer, but was told that it could not be done.
While looking on line to see if I could get an Alpine unit that would give me Apple Car Play, I could not find a solution that would not cost me the loss of my steering wheel controls. And then I happened across 4D Tech. I called their customer support to ask questions as I had my dealer tell me the change of units could not be done. Since 4D Tech has a great warranty, and return policy, I placed the order for a Sync 3 kit without navigation. Everything arrived in good condition, and all components looked like brand new. Installation was as simple and easy as I was told. And my unit works just like the 2017 Explorer my wife drives. Having Apple Car Play is great, with Maps seeming to be very up to date. I played around with Waze, and while a good navigation solution as well, I like the Car Play solution better for messages and using my Apple Music subscription. All of my dash and steering wheel controls work as they should. A great solution.
The only negative I can comment on is about the printed instructions being not very clear, but then I went to YouTube and watched a 4DTech installation video, and all became clear.
Has run for a week fine.
Documentation could be better.
1. Do screen shots showing VIN number used for software install.
2. Screen shot showing Sync 3 info screen. Showing VIN. Sync 3 software version installed. Date tested and by which technician.
Like that Sync 3 has navigation, if purchased, Apple Play Google Maps, USB Waze and Sygic maps.
Also speed and interface are superior to old Sync 2.